Wednesday 14 October 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009 is just around the corner

November is fast approaching, and that means the month-long writing “competition” is about to start. NaNoWriMo is really a competition against yourself, and in my past two outings, I have failed miserably. Hehe. Heck, I didn’t even manage to close out my previous efforts as I had previously thought I could do. To be honest, that was because I didn’t make the time. After all, that’s what it’s all about. If you’re serious about it, you’ll make the time. You’ll set aside part of your day to writing.

I had almost given up on that. I was going to avoid the disappointment with myself and not participate in this year’s NaNoWriMo. I’ve only just posted the sum of my efforts from 2007, over at Self-RW, a grand total of five (mini-)chapters. Yay me.

But I will not be deterred. This year, I’ve decided to put some planning into it. I’ll see if I can come up with a framework for my “novel” in the next two weeks. That should help with the writing.

No comments: