Monday 26 October 2009

Celebrating A’isyah’s 4th birthday

We had a small family celebration for A’isyah’s fourth birthday. I’m not really into big celebrations, preferring more intimate parties. So far, A’isyah’s getting similar treatment. Hehe. That might change as she grows older. I can’t say that I was never jealous of people having big, elaborate birthday parties as I grew up, and yet I grew to appreciate the smaller scale celebrations.

An early birthday celebration with her great-grandma
She actually had a pre-birthday celebration with her grandma in Ipoh, the weekend after Raya.

The cake A'isyah picked herself

A’isyah was certainly excited on her big day, dancing around, waiting to get her presents. When it came down to it, she almost opened her presents before anything else. I had to convince her that the cake-cutting wouldn’t take too long. We sang “Happy Birthday” to her, she blew out all four of her candles, cut the cake, then ran from the table towards her presents. Hehe. I helped her open her gifts while the rest of the adults went to eat. I managed to get her to eat a bit, and try at least a bite of her own cake (a design that she had chosen herself over the weekend).

A'isyah opening her presents

In the end, knowing that she was happy was worth it.

No comments: