Friday 31 March 2006

Starting classes

Tomorrow I try my hand at being a tuition teacher. Some of Nany's students have asked for some help at Prinsip Perakaunan, and she volunteered me.

It's not like I don't have experience with teaching. Well, the informal kind. I've headed study groups before, and coached my fellow students as well. I even help Nany prepare for her classes.

But I've never been in a teacher-student situation before. The people I've helped before have always been my contemparories. So this will be something new for me. And I'm going to be "teaching" Accounting Principles. I took a couple of accounting courses at Acadia, and before that we covered it in IB Business at Kungsholmens in Sweden. So I'm familiar with the material. Just have to get used to the BM terms.

I hope my students tomorrow are comfortable with English. We'll see how this goes.

No comments: