Saturday 28 January 2006

Got me a laptop on an impulse...

Yup, I've gone and placed an order for a Dell Inspiron 6000.

Saw an ad in the back of a newspaper pull-out. The RM3k+ price tag drew my eye. First thought was, "this has got to be one of those entry level laptops." Just curious, I checked out the specs. Good RAM, decent HD, large-ish screen, DVD writer on promo. I was a bit surprised. So I asked around for opinions, and checked out a couple of online reviews. It's a 6-mo.+ old release (US-side of course), but got good reviews.

Only had two days to decide, cos they were throwing in the DVD writer and a RM200 online rebate for CNY. Nany had talked about getting a laptop. We discussed it, then decided to go for it.

So, I placed my order yesterday. 5-7 days for delivery, but not sure if that's going to be affected by the long holiday break next week (Friday's the only work day next week here in KL).

Key Specs:
Pentium M 740, 1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB (upgraded from default 1.7, 400 at no extra cost)
2x256MB DDR-2 RAM
60GB HD
8x DVD+/-RW
15.4" Wide Screen (max res: 1280x800)
XP Home
Integrated graphics (but that's ok, cos it's mainly for my wife)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go DELL! heheh..