Friday 12 June 2009

Extra scenes in Terminator 2

A couple of nights ago I (re-)watched Terminator 2: Judgement Day with Azafia. It was part of her preparations to watch Terminator: Salvation, the fourth movie in the franchise. We’d caught the first movie on Astro a few nights previous, and since she had never watched the previous Terminator movies, except for parts of the third, she decided to watch the whole set in order. I had told her that it wasn’t really necessary for you to enjoy the latest Terminator movie, which I had just seen at the cinema. Still, having watched the previous movies gives you additional insights into the background story, and allowed you to catch all the references that have made their way into the pop-culture. Who doesn’t remember the phrase, “I’ll be back”, which is uttered in each of the Terminator movies?

Anyway, while watching Terminator 2, I noticed several scenes that I could not recall from my previous screenings of the movie. And I know that movie quite well, since it was one of the few movies we had on laserdisc back in the day. Now I guess this is a decade late, but I’ve just found out about it, so it’s new to me. Hehe. Turns out there was a Special Edition, with some additional scenes. I found synopses of the additional scenes, culled from a Terminator FAQ here.

The scenes added to characterization as well as story, and I finally know what Miles Dyson was holding over the detonator!

No comments: